Thursday, January 18, 2007

"Emphamis" Technology

Oh how emphamis is technology - the last while I have gone from wanting to pull my hair out because of programs that are hard to manage and computers that freeze and crash.... to thinking it is the most wonderful thing since sliced bread to be able to organize and manage my life on internet and other software programs. It's seems weird to think that this afternoon as I was working on an assignment - that when I couldn't get access to the Internet I thought I that was the end of the world -for a brief second and then I thought I guess I could go to the library it I had to - whatever happened to looking info up in a book? Well - all I know is that it sure is nice to be able to copy and paste the Scripture references that I have been putting in my papers instead of having to type word for word out of the Bible - and that goes for other written sources to. And it sure is nice to have search engines that bring boundless amounts of info. at the click of a button and oh so quick.

I guess I am reflecting on the value of both having technology and yet still being able to look it up in a book. I bet one day there will be a group of people who will not know the value of holding a book in their hands - or better yet of knowing that if their computer crashes... it is not the end of the world. hmmmm.... I suppose there could be more to this thought but for now - I need to go back to looking up something in a textbook of mine and then researching it further on the net. :)
Crystal

No comments: